The CCWUC (Channel Counties Water Utilities Committee) is a committee under the umbrella of AWA, with focus on providing local eduational opportunities for area water operators, managers and field service workers on safety, maintenance, technology and regulatory issues. The program also provides Calif. Div. Drinking Water (CDDW) operator contact hours.
AWA WATER SYSTEMS COMMITTEE MISSION STATEMENT: The goal of the AWA Water Systems Committee is to assist the smaller water systems in providing safe and reliable water supplies within Ventura County.
To achieve this mission, the Committee shall:
- Provide a forum to exchange information from a wide range of agencies and resources.
- Identify and provide training and educational needs to the smaller utility operators and managers.
- Organize presentations and workshops with qualified speakers.
- Encourage creative problem solving and solutions tailored to the smaller system.
- Foster cooperation between agencies to improve water quality, reliability and supply by encouraging partnerships and engaging in public and small system advocacy.
These two comittees have combined meetings, typically held on the fourth Wednesday of each month at the Wedgewood Banquet Center in Ventura, from 11:30 am -1:30 pm with lunch served.
2016 CCWUC Committee
Chairperson - Julio Reyes, Calleguas MWD
AWA Director - Ann DeMartini, Small Water Systems Chair
Vice-Chair - Eric Maple, Las Virgenes MWD
Contact Hour Coordinator - Rodrigo Paniagua, City of Oxnard
Emergency Preparedness Subcommittee Chair - Mike Hollebrands, Meiners Oaks Water District
Immediate-Past-Chair - Brian Collins, United WCD
Committee Historian - Robert Eranio, past CCWUC Chair
Committee Members: Rick Bratcher, City of Thousand Oaks; Mike Ellis, United WCD; Larry Miller, Las Virgenes MWD; Brad Milner, Milner-Villa Consulting; Michael Moler, Casitas MWD.